AZAER Board Meeting
||Meeting called to order at
Dorinda Rife, Jacki
Dorinda & Venetia will write an article on AER Lift for the
- for the fall conference, food is still coming out to $63/person, so we should still charge $65 for members, $130 for nonmembers, and $40 for students
- Karen has the info needed to send membership funds to NAPVI
- will need to form a “scholarship committee”
- a rating scale will help rank applicants (should anyone apply)
- positive comments regarding spring conference:
o good conference
o members appreciated having sessions on adult oriented topics
- negative comments:
o facility too warm
o members didn’t like having to move their own chairs
· 148 members!
· Treasurer: we may need to raise the budget for this conference; although it did pay off to bring speakers in from out-of-state
· Maybe in-state speakers could bring their own AV equipment, due to the high cost of renting
· Presenters often do not have or can not afford their own AV equipment
· We don’t want to discourage potential presenters by requiring this
· How should this be stated on the call for papers? Kartar has a template for the form and would appreciate input from the board
- Fall conference
- suggested topics
o Optic hyperplacia: Dorinda will call Mark Carter
o Quick-Tac – Ken Kolina
o CVI – Julie Urvin
- Fund raising
o pens are popular
o shirts: can ask on applications “If shirts were available, would you buy one? If so, what size would you order?”
o Jay Taska has the silk screen
- What should AZAER be?
o is there a legislative committee?
o Should AER offer continuing education?
o Dorinda will put together a framework of how AZAER can better serve their members
- Jacki will email a list of changes to the policies to the board members; board can vote via email
- 2006 conference
- possible location: Hon-Dah Casino
- Rob and Karen will look in to cancelation dates, cost of blocks of rooms etc.
is a bus from the
about inviting VI professionals from
Meeting adjourned at
Christine Powers, Secretary